Program Manager II, Tech
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use every day. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing the local economy and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world. We ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion!
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
What You'll Do
- Conceptualize and drive programs aimed at driving efficiencies for GSS through various functional opportunities spread across automation and Machine Learning/ QA & Bug Management
- Facilitate and drive high-impact initiatives to improve process quality and the customer experience
- Collaborate with key partners for scoping and prioritizing project activities based on the business impact and team OKRs
- Turn analyzed data into useful results for the product, support, and operational improvements
- Work with vendor teams to implement ideas and deliver continuous improvement of programs
- Collaborate with tech leads and engineers to estimate efforts, define check points, track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to project stakeholders
- Ability to work with engineer/product/ internal teams to deliver tool/tech solutions that will drive long term improvements in operational efficiency
- Communicate plans, insights, data, and results to different teams and business partners
- Share frameworks, tools, standard methodologies that improve the delivery of projects with focus on reusability and standardization
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and useful conclusions
- Present findings to senior management to guide business decisions
- Track, analyze, and report data patterns and trends associated with the programs you own
- 6 years proven experience in program management or product management
- Experience in solving problems, both structured and ambiguous, at scale with strong attention to detail in constantly evolving business environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Ability to influence and motivate people (with both technical and non-technical individuals) across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive customer and product-focused decisions
- Self-motivated with a strong affinity for vision setting, strategic problem solving, and driving action
- Experience with process design and optimization, program management, customer support strategies, and quality assurance
- Willing to explore and learn new technologies, hybrid processes
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Data skills with working knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Python and prior experience building tools using Machine Learning models
- Worked at a high paced, fast-growing and ever evolving tech startup
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada