Senior Manager, Technical Accounting
About the Role
The Senior Manager of Technical Accounting will support the global accounting organization to ensure timely and accurate accounting and reporting over a variety of complex areas, including mergers and acquisitions, investments, variable interest entities, leases, equity, debt and derivatives. You have strong technical research skills, experience dealing with highly judgmental topics, excellent writing skills, and superb attentiveness to details. This role is based in San Francisco and reports to the Director of Technical Accounting.
What You'll Do
- Help with the oversight of the global technical accounting team in providing coaching and development of team members.
- Act as a subject matter expert, working with the business and others in the accounting organization to identify, resolve and document complex accounting issues and transactions.
- Lead the evaluation and adoption of accounting standard updates, including drafting and maintaining relevant accounting policies.
- Assist in the preparation of accounting memos providing documentation of the Company's application of accounting principles to specific transactions.
- Partner and coordinate cross-functionally to understand business transactions and effectively communicate accounting issues with various departments throughout the company.
- Be solutions oriented and act as an advisor to key stakeholders on the operational and technical implications of new business transactions.
- Critically and thoroughly analyze non-recurring transactions by properly identifying the accounting implications of various explicit terms and implied nuances, applying appropriate accounting rules and literature and exercising judgment in subjective areas to draw reasonable and acceptable conclusions.
- Participate in the development of a strategy to support the growth of the business and team including prioritization of projects to align with the company's goals.
- Help in preparing support for and managing the year-end and quarterly financial audit.
- Lead periodic trainings to the members of the global accounting organization.
- 10+ Years of Professional Experience
- At least 10 years of technical accounting experience in a public accounting and/or technology organization, including 3 years of management experience.
- Big 4 experience and CPA certification or equivalent is required..
- Excellent technical, analytical, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to thrive in a changing environment and be able to work with senior management to influence decision making, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Oracle R12 experience is a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber