Software Engineer II - Big Data
About the role:
Collaborates with stakeholders within the team to build and maintain backend services and solutions to support user-facing products, downstream services, or infrastructure tools and platforms used across Uber.
About the Team:
As an organization we support all users inside and outside of Uber who use Uber data to make business or policy decisions. As an engineer you unlock data-driven business decisions across Uber by democratizing fast, efficient, and reliable data products. We build, own and manage data infrastructure products at massive scale, processing hundreds of petabytes of data, ingesting hundreds of billions of records daily and serving millions of queries weekly. Some of the products include data ingestion and pipelines, data quality, metadata & discovery, real-time and batch analytics, business insights and reporting and data sharing platforms.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience building and managing distributed systems. Sound understanding of distributed system fundamentals.
- Highly proficient in one of the following programming languages: Java, Go, C/C++, Python. Good scripting skills and ability to pick up new ones.
- Systematic problem solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis.
- Experience with relational and/or non-relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Mongodb, Cassandra).
- Under the hood experience with open source big data analytics projects such as Apache Hadoop (HDFS and YARN), Spark, Hudi, Hive, Parquet, Knox, Sentry, Presto is a plus.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world!
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together!
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber