Senior Customer Support Representative, Executive Community Relations
About the Role
The Executive Community Relations (ECR) team provides white-glove, full-resolution support to users whose influence is critical to Uber's success. These users include high-visibility community members, Uber's employees and Executive Leadership Team, and customers with uniquely sensitive issues that require additional care. ECR specialists are skillful communicators who can tactfully tailor their messages to suit diverse audiences and support platforms including phone, email, and chat. In addition to resolving customer issues, ECR specialists analyze case details and provide insights and recommendations to key stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- Provide unparalleled customer support experiences and resolutions for Uber employees, executive leadership, and key community influencers
- Own support processes that are often highly complex, urgent, and sensitive
- Mitigate legal and media risk by providing seamless support for users whose experiences could impact Uber's public narrative
- Send timely status updates, case reports, and process-improvement proposals to internal stakeholders on a consistent basis
- Maintain relationships and build trust with key business partners including Operations, Communications, Community Operations, Legal, Media, and members of Uber's Executive Leadership Team
- Navigate multiple knowledge bases (KBs) and contact management systems in order to resolve diverse and nuanced issue types across lines of business
- Think outside of the box to develop creative support solutions that best serve the customer and Uber
What You'll Need
- Customer empathy - You have a deep understanding of the user experience and the ability to resolve customer support requests in thoughtful and creative ways
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - You are an effective communicator and listener, and you're comfortable expressing ideas and opinions to varied audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills - You establish trust and effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic problem solving - You can leverage multiple resources to inform and support critical decisions
- Desire to learn - You're a highly motivated self-starter with an eagerness to learn and grow, and you are receptive to feedback
- High flexibility - When the only constant is change, you're ready to roll with the punches while remaining customer-centric and driving resolutions
Bonus Points If
- You have experience in executive communications
About the Team
The ECR team sits within Uber's Center of Excellence (COE) in Chicago, IL. COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to Uber customers (riders, drivers, couriers, eaters, restaurants, etc.). Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, as well as to incubate support modalities and processes for new products and services. COEs pioneer how Uber manages support for customers around the globe.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber