Senior Strategy & Operations Manager - Marketplace, Uber Eats
About the Role
Uber Eats' UK&I Marketplace Operations team plays a crucial role in our business, designing and managing processes and products to ensure our three-sided marketplace delivers value to consumers, merchants and couriers, as well as our business.
Uber Eats is hiring for a Senior Strategy & Operations Manager, Marketplace. You will have a strong operational skillset and can think strategically with the potential to unlock the value from improving the user experience for our consumers and lead our refunds and appeasements, and fraud P&L lines. Responsible for measuring and improving our operational performance, this role works closely with Product teams to inform their roadmap and priorities, and drives cross-functional alignment with local and mega-regional Support and Commercial teams.
This role calls for a combination of deep operational know-how, analytical and technical skills, and project and stakeholder management. We are looking for someone who is able to switch between long-term initiatives one moment and pivot into rapid, tactical actions the next. For a tenacious truth-seeker, who is excited to solve Uber Eat's toughest problems and do right by our users, this is the role for you.
Projects might include:
- Surfacing inefficiencies with our policies that lead to abuse and motivating change with our Product and Support teams
- Collaborating with our commercial teams to tackle restaurants' pain points with our refund policies
- Defining our strategy to solve for long-term engagement drops stemming from bad user experiences
What You'll Do
- Build superior customer experience through operational excellence: dive deep into the customer experience (both from a consumers and restaurants point of view), our tools and our data to build a superior experience, and increase engagement and retention.
- Transform user experience into a competitive advantage: you will inform the strategic direction and ultimately shape user experience to become a growth lever for the business. You will start by surfacing current issues and implementing solutions to reduce unnecessary P&L spend, and end by defining our long-term vision for user experience and how we will use it to increase engagement and retention.
- Align stakeholders behind your plans: you will work closely with and drive coordination amongst a wide range of teams, from Support to Account Management, Restaurant Operations and more.
Inform the Product roadmap and support new launches: you will provide inputs to Global Product teams and inform the tactical features and strategic priorities our tech should be solving. You will also be responsible for rolling out new features for these propositions, making Uber Eats an even more compelling offer for consumers and restaurant partners.
- Degree in Business/Economics, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- 4+ years of solid operational and analytical experience gained in a tech company, finance, operational management or consulting (analytics track)
- A bias for data. You naturally take a scientific and highly analytical approach to everything you do with strong attention to detail and accuracy. You know how to use data to make decisions and are experienced with analytical tools:
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets proficiency working across large data sets is essential
- Advanced SQL experience (e.g. write complex queries, navigate multi-layered databases) is essential
- Python knowledge is a plus; you will use it in your day-to-day, but Uber offers a training
- Strong ability to interpret data and communicate results in a structured and compelling manner to less technical audiences (e.g. leadership team, commercial POCs)
- Positive and team-orientated "can-do" approach
- Able to work and drive action cross-functionally and collaboratively. Very strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber