Team Lead II, Greenlight Operations - Atlanta
About the Role
Starting June 14, 2021, successful candidates may receive a one-time sign-on bonus of $500! Apply today to join Uber and ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion.
About the Role
We're looking to grow our frontline team in Atlanta, GA. The Greenlight Hub is staffed with Uber Experts and Senior Experts who have in-person and virtual interactions with customers who drive and deliver on the Uber platform. Our team uses a combination of sales, customer service, and problem solving to help "Earners" get more value out of their time using Uber. Uber Experts are skilled at converting prospective customers to take their first trip, helping existing users earn more with Uber, and reengaging users who have stopped using the platform.
Uber Team Lead II's run the retail floor in our locations during many of their shifts, while shadowing and coaching their team. Team Leads are responsible for their location's efficiency and KPI's and do so by answering real-time logistical questions as Earners check-in for their appointments, helping high-touch situations, matching inbound volume of Earners who need help to available Experts in real-time, and observing conversations between Experts and Earners. Team Leads are also expected to coach and develop their teams, ensuring world-class service and a high conversion rate of earners taking a trip after visiting a Greenlight.
Team Lead II's are also responsible for a number of site operational needs requiring vendor management, stakeholder management, and problem solving abilities. You will be the main site POC without direct manager oversight.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented Covid-19 safety protocols which meet or exceed local public health guidance. Worker safety remains our number one priority.
What You'll Do
- Support Experts in delivering 5-star, on-brand, in-person support for driver and delivery people by helping tackle escalated issues on-ground
- Drive a high conversion rate of earners taking their 1st, 2nd, or 10,000th trip
- Support training, coaching, and guiding Uber Experts to strengthen quality and efficiency metrics
- Manage and document the performance of Experts through formal and informal performance management conversations, with manager support
- Support hiring, scheduling, attendance, and general administration of Uber Experts (including monitoring time and attendance)
- Keep Experts aware and updated on support policies changes by engaging them through huddles and other forms of content
- Manage multiple internal (Uber) and external (non-Uber) vendors and stakeholders to ensure smooth partnerships for the location
- Tend to site requirements at all locations allocated (including remote locations as needed)
- Team Lead may need to also manage Experts at remote locations through scheduled remote visits and virtual coaching (if applicable to site)
- Minimum two years of relevant operational, retail, sales, account management, or business development experience
- Team management experience of 5 or more people
- Previous role in retail, customer service, or customer support with conversion/retention goals
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Effective communication skills with the ability to interact and connect with many types of personalities
- Experience leading a team to achieve success metrics without direct manager oversight
- A history of developing a strong culture and a great place to work
- Previous experience managing site operations including vendor relationships and facilities management
- Expected to remain in a stationary position, often sitting or standing for prolonged periods
- May be required to perform repeating motions that include the wrists, hands and/or fingers, e.g., using a keyboard
- Additional Requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- Required to have regular and predictable attendance in the assigned work location
- Ability to work in an open floor plan with moderate noise
About the Team
Earners keep Uber moving. Greenlight Locations exist to maximize the contribution that Earners have on the network by providing high-touch support in the interest of keeping drivers engaged and online. Greenlight Experts are positive, upbeat "people people" who thrive on helping others accomplish their goals.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber