Fraud and Risk Lead - APAC Payments
About the Role
APAC Payments is a new Global team responsible for the strategy and delivery for Payments and Financial products across Uber's Mobility and Delivery businesses in APAC. The team's focus is to design and implement a payments strategy that meets customers' needs at best cost, with low fraud, and full compliance. As a Risk and Fraud lead in the APAC Payments team, you will lead a small team of fraud analysts. This team, working with global partners, will be pioneering new techniques every day to detect and counter bad actors all over the world who are constantly adapting and discovering new ways to abuse our platform. This is an APAC role across Delivery and Mobility.
What You'll Do
- Manage and lead team: Set the vision for, day to day manage, coach, develop and grow a team of 3-5 analysts to deliver on fraud and risk goals.
- Drive down payments fraud, balancing customer experience: Take the lead to develop and deliver on a payments fraud strategy that continually drives down losses, whilst striking an appropriate balance with adding friction to customer experience.
- Program manage fraud initiatives: Work closely with regional, global and local fraud and risk teams to ensure that actions are aligned with minimising loss to the business.
- Lead engagement with Mobility and Delivery ops teams: Engage with ops teams in countries across APAC to ensure awareness, alignment and agreement on fraud & risk activities of your team
- Prioritise transparently and rationally: There is always more work than resource - you will ensure that the resource available is focussed on the right priorities by developing frameworks and principles that are agreed across the business.
- Process leadership: You will ensure that robust operations are in place to detect, triage, manage and measure Fraud and Risk in your scope.
- Reporting and accountability: Ensure that progress to goals is reporting in an accurate and timeline way to all required stakeholders. Follow up on escalations and questions.
- Be fast, resourceful, and take initiative: Take ownership of the fraud process and do everything you can to increase detection and prevention.
- 8+ years of experience with an operations, program management, or consulting background
- Nimble with data: You just go get the data you need with no fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to analyse data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis. You can both do this yourself and guide others.
- Expert with stakeholders: Effective in a matrix environment with superior stakeholder management skills. Expert at building strong and productive relationships with people of all functions and levels across APAC and the globe, including senior leaders.
- Operational: Can translate a vision into the operational changes and realities required to make it real and get stuff done.
- Organised, self-motivated go-getter: Great at creating a clear and effective roadmap in a fast-paced and agile environment. Able to prioritise with minimal oversight.
- Effective communicator: Ability to communicate complexity in a simple & clear manner to any audience, both verbally and in writing.
- Growth mindset: A never-ending desire to grow and learn
What You'll Do
- Deep subject matter knowledge and practical expertise in marketplace fraud identification and mitigation while balancing for false positives at a global scale
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber