Sr Program Manager, Screenings
About the Role
Uber is building technology people use every day. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered, or getting to and from the airport, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of everyday life. As Uber continues to expand its services and technologies around the world, the US & Canada Community Operations (CommOps) team is looking for a highly motivated hands-on leader who thrives in a fast-paced cross-functional environment and is excited to improve our Screenings customer support and operations.
In this role you will need to have a demonstrated ability to design and improve scalable processes, develop a deep technical expertise into our Screenings tools and systems, and have a passion for building cross-functional relationships to achieve the optimal experience for Earners to get and maintain access to the Uber platform.
What You'll Do
- Program Management: Define what success looks like for our Screenings support and operations to monitor metrics that measure system performance (i.e., are checks happening as intending), operational performance (i.e., how well are we meeting established business requirements), and support experience (i.e., are Earners satisfied with our customer service across issues)
- Process improvement: Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve processes to keep us as efficient as possible
- Technical Expertise: Identify key tool and system requirements to improve the processing, adjudication, and support for background checks. Work closely with Product to bring priorities from business case to implementation
- Build Relationships: Work closely with business leaders across the company (Product, Operations, Legal, Support) to refine our strategy for background check support, ensuring that we have accurate and efficient screening processing, tools, and user experience while maintaining high safety bar for platform access
- Minimum 4 years of project/program management experience
- Clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize information quickly, highlight the important points, and disseminate actionable insights
- Critical thinker that considers all angles of a problem, digging in deeper where needed, and makes smart long-term decisions.
- Comfort influencing discussions at the highest levels to find common ground and align cross functional stakeholders and teams with conflicting agendas
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Self-starter that never hesitates to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- Experience with process optimization, program management, customer support strategy or quality assurance strong project ownership
- SQL proficiency
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada