Associate Creative Director
About the role
We're looking for an experienced associate creative director who can lead and manage small teams, work with agencies on developing ideas as well as bring the brand to life across all our customer touch points with bold ideas with internal teams. You will work on a customer-focused team to develop campaigns in video, digital, social and print communications. The job involves working collaboratively with marketing teams, creative problem solving, and creating clear and compelling narratives. This person should have a grasp of the latest trends in the industry, knowledge of other notable creative work, understand craft and is able to analyze complex briefs and critically analyze the problem needing to be solved. This candidate should be familiar with scripts, storyboards, editing techniques and other various production approaches to express creative ideas.
This role will entail, communicating effectively with the creative/art directors, designers, copywriters, developers, project and marketing managers. You should be able to think beyond a single channel execution, identify new opportunities and execute on complex design & communication strategies. Be prepared to develop concepts and ideas from the ground up, pitch ideas to leadership, and create compelling, relevant, and meaningful work. You'll work on multiple projects, prioritizing as needed and efficiently managing time while receiving strategic and tactical direction. You'll intelligently explore the problem space with a high degree of autonomy, using the appropriate tools and levels of fidelity. The ACD will own the design process from end-to-end, moving from concept through to shipping, at multiple fidelity levels and producing handoffs to support that process.
- Set the narrative and direction as well as visual and copy tone of campaigns, building concepts and bring them to life.
- Design video, digital, and print communications for a brand platform where ideas can work globally and scale locally
- Develop resources, guidelines and templates that empower the global marketing team to create beautiful and thoughtful brand expressions
- Collaborate and ideate with multidisciplinary team including copywriters, communication designers, illustrators, environments designers, brand strategists, marketing managers, and creative directors to build and maintain visual brand excellence for a wide range of design needs
- Ensure quality is high in all aspects of execution
- Develop detailed design specs for creative guidelines & production
- Identify blockers before they happen, suggest solutions to work process and systems
- Present work to creative peers and creative leadership, selling your idea with excellent presentation skills
- 7+ years working as an ACD, Art Director/Designer or Copywriter in a creative agency or comparable in-house agency
- Portfolio of beautiful, compelling marketing and brand oriented work
- Expertise in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail
- Passion for collaborating with business and marketing leaders as well as large cross functional teams; receiving feedback and adapting work
- Experience leading large projects; ability to design according to business and technical requirements and comfort with ambiguity and changes in direction
- Experience working on a range of digital projects including responsive web pages, paid media and email templates; concepting and designing for social campaigns
- Proficiency in art directing on set for film and photography
- A proven understanding of typography and designing to a grid
- Experience designing for different audiences (B2B, consumer, enterprise) and quickly iterating for customer testing
- Degree in design, communications, marketing or similar
- Expertise in digital marketing (Email, in-app, SMS/PUSH, paid social and display channels) standards
- Experience in campaign creative with an understanding of how to scale ideas for global execution
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Slides
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment, partnering with a broad in-house team!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada