Manager, Applied Science - Core Analytics and Science
About the Role
Mobility Data and Applied Sciences at Uber uses data to improve and automate all aspects of Uber's core ridesharing products. Some examples of projects on the Mobility team:
- Rider - own the experience and algorithms powering the Rider app. Optimize incentives, personalize the rider experience and optimize routing and matching at airports, scheduled rides and high capacity vehicles.
- Earner - design the experience and the algorithms that power them for Rides Drivers, Eats Couriers, and all Earners in between.
- Marketplace - build matching and pricing algorithms to ensure that we deliver a reliable, affordable experience for riders and create earnings opportunities for earners.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of Applied Scientists, while also contributing hands-on to projects.
- Build statistical, optimization, and machine learning models for applications including pricing, matching, routing, automated recommendations, growth strategies, and user behavior modeling.
- Design product experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and impactful conclusions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations, and marketing to drive system development end-to-end from ideation to productionization.
- Bachelor degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Physics and minimum 4 years experience in the Applied Science or similar field.
- Familiarity with Python, R or Java to work efficiently at scale with large data sets (including exploratory data analysis, statistical analysis, and machine learning model development) in a production environment.
- Ability to drive clarity on the best modeling or analytic solution for a business objective.
- Advanced knowledge of experiment design and statistical methods.
- Minimum 1 year management experience in a technical role.
- MS in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Physics or other quantitative field with 2+ years of industry experience.
- Ph.D in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Physics or other quantitative fields.
- Experience working in a technical role in a marketplace environment
- Strong communication skills, for example demonstrated through documentation and presentations. Able to present findings to senior management to inform business decisions.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber