Chief Risk and Compliance Officer, UPBV Management Board
We are looking for an experienced risk management and/or compliance professional to serve on the Management Board of Uber Payments BV, Uber's e-money subsidiary for Europe that is licensed and supervised by the Dutch Central Bank (DNB). This person would be one of three members of a DNB-approved Managing Board, and the one responsible for overall risk management and compliance. As a member of the Managing Board, you will be responsible for general management of UPBV, in coordination with its other two members, and will work directly with UPBV's Supervisory Board. In addition, the CRCO will manage a team responsible for overall risk management and compliance, to include operational risk management, financial risk management, our Anti-Money Laundering and sanctions program, overall systemic business risks, internal controls, and information security.
What you'll do:
- Be ultimately responsible for overall risk management and our Anti-money laundering program under the supervision of the Dutch Central Bank (DNB). Act as CCO/MLRO for regulated products and services.
- Find the right balance of managing robust systems and controls, with enabling business goals.
- Motivate and lead a risk and compliance team to put risk framework into practice, manage escalations and syndicate compliance across the organisation.
- Build effective controls, incident response and management, and escalation framework for operational functions of the entity.
- Establish and maintain relationships with risk owners in other areas of the company. For example, payments security, physical security, information security.
- Build strong relationships with Uber's senior leadership in Rides, Eats, Product, Engineering, Policy, Tax, and Regulatory to ensure the right level of support and collaboration;
- Lead in the design, supervision and provision of an effective training and awareness programme for Financial Crime, Integrity and Business Ethics.
- Ensure that Customer Due Diligence is conducted according to industry best practice.
- Stay abreast of legislative, regulatory and corporate governance developments that might affect Uber's Payments operation.
- Manage and execute the compliance monitoring programme; produce reports and making recommendations; and identify compliance risks associated with the business activities. Follow up on resolution of compliance issues that may arise.
What you'll need
- Minimum 10 years experience leading a risk or compliance function in a regulated payments entity in the EU;
- Statutory Managing Board, or equivalent, experience;
- Familiarity with operational risk management, Payment Services Directive, E-Money Directive, and other relevant financial regulations, approved persons regimes and other relevant prudential requirements;
- Experience leading a risk or compliance function, motivating team members, syndicating and championing the importance of compliance as an enabler of sustainable business growth;
- A passion for developing innovative compliance solutions and being a pragmatic partner to internal stakeholders across the organization;
- Commitment to acting with integrity, with high personal work standards;
- Fluent speaker in English, Dutch a plus.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber