Strategy and Operations Manager - Marketplace
About the Role
The LatAm Regional Operations team partners with cross-functional teams to drive performance improvements and innovation across the business, contributing deep functional expertise and consolidating processes that can benefit from scale and standardization.
As a member of our Flawless Pod in the Courier & Marketplace vertical, you will drive initiatives that identify, assess and ultimately improve courier fraud, quality & defect metrics on the platform, improving the customer experience, as well as key financial OKRs.
This is a great opportunity in a critical, regional and high-visibility role. We are looking for a sharp, analytical and highly motivated candidate to take courier quality and fraud to the next level. We expect the candidate to bring innovative and disruptive solutions, as well as work closely with multiple cross-functional teams including but not limited to: Country/Local Ops, Product, Risk, CRM, and Legal.
What You'll Do
- Analytics - Analysis of databases using SQL or Python to review courier and marketplace metrics so as to accurately detect and assess fraud/quality opportunities
- Develop & Optimize Processes - Develop, implement and scale solutions and frameworks that improve our ability to proactively deter and intervene against fraudulent behavior
- Product Improvement - Evaluate the potential and risks of new products, collaborate with Product and Local Ops team to experiment, fine-tune and rollout scalable solutions across our territories (gathering and structuring product asks, deploying new product features, tracking & follow-up on bugs)
- Strategy - Choose which projects the team should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach goals quickly. Continuously challenge the status quo, leveraging data, with a belief that opportunities for improvement persist
- Be hands-on and lead short-term deep dives to structure analysis, make recommendations and drive execution
What You'll Need
- 2-3 years of experience in consulting, strategy, operations, risk or similar fields
- Strong experience and proficiency in SQL
- Strong problem-solving and execution skills (ability to break down complex problems and apply analytical thinking with detailed execution)
- Data-driven mindset (comfortable working with large data sets to pull insights from different angles)
- Good interpersonal skills that will allow you to clearly explain your work and to participate in constructive debate
- A passion for seeking complex, exciting, and ambiguous problems that warrant ambition and perseverance
- English proficiency
- Advanced analytics experience (machine learning, experimentation, statistics)
- Python proficiency
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber