About the Role
You will be a Manager of a team of software engineers responsible for foundational services and infrastructure that the rest of Uber's engineering relies on.
You will work closely with teams in California, Seattle, and Denmark to align roadmaps, business goals, and maintain clear career paths for each engineer - it will be critical to foster an independent satellite team environment that collaborates closely with remote offices. The software that this team owns is one step above bare metal and the lowest in the stack, so quality and operations are critical, as well as compassion for the developer experience.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate on setting the vision for foundational infrastructure for all of Uber
- Help establish bottom up projects and roadmaps that meet that vision
- Establish clear career paths for engineers and help them meet their career goals
- Grow, coach, and develop a team of skilled software engineers
- Recruit high-quality engineering talent for the team
- Help define the engineering culture and uphold the processes that will shape the future of the team
- Help define the future of Uber's foundational services and infrastructure
- 5+ years professional software development experience.
- 2+ years management experience leading software engineers
- Strong communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience building and maintaining low level systems and infrastructure
- Experience and good understanding of Linux OS and kernel
- Experience in designing and building world-class software
- 3+ years experience minimum with direct people management
- Experience with Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or similar
- Experience with container platforms such as Kubernetes or Mesos
- Experience in building large-scale distributed systems
- A proven track record working across a larger organization - not just across teams
- Strong Linux experience, networking protocols, Linux tools and libraries
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber