Software Engineer, Backend - Service Config & Deploy
About the role
The Service, Config, and Deployment team builds Uber's microservice platform managing the lifecycle and the deployment of config and code for all the microservices running in Uber's data centers. Our mission is to build a microservice and configuration platform that enables product engineers to create, scaffold, deploy, scale, and setup their services and configuration reliably, safely and easily.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Design and develop key features in our global scalable microservice cloud platform
- As a member of the team review code and participate in daily design and planning of new features
- Help support stakeholders by enabling them to solve their day to day problems related to microservice management
- BS, MS or PhD degree in computer science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent coding abilities
- Good Linux experience, networking protocols, Linux tools and libraries
- Interested in building distributed systems at (very) large scale
- Experience with deployment systems and microservice architecture is an added benefit
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada