About the Role
We're looking for exceptional legal professionals to join our US & Canada Legal Team, which provides legal advice and guidance on all aspects of Uber's Rides operations. This is a rare opportunity for an attorney to join an innovative and exciting tech company and gain substantive, hands-on experience with business clients and external stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- Provide legal support to the Rides business in fast-paced, high-impact, and high-profile situations based on legal research and analysis of applicable state laws and regulations.
- Exciting, hands-on work tackling novel regulatory issues before local and state agencies, including direct engagement and public advocacy on behalf of Uber with state and local regulators through both formal and informal meetings.
- Drive legal strategies with cross-functional stakeholders, including Operations, Policy, Safety, Product, and Insurance teams at Uber, to develop creative and proactive legal solutions on first-of-its-kind legal issues and achieve ambitious operational goals for the business.
- Coordinate parallel regulatory and litigation strategies related to bet-the-company issues.
- Analyze and draft legislation applicable to Uber's rides business on various topics including privacy, data sharing, and other matters.
- Lead internal investigations in response to external inquiries and investigations, and then formulate external replies.
- 5+ years of regulatory or litigation advocacy experience.
- Licensed to practice law in the United States
- Experience crafting strategies to achieve ambitious regulatory goals and advocacy in rulemaking proceedings before a regulatory body; experience before federal or state regulatory bodies (Public Utility Commissions; NHTSA; state DMVs)
- Public utilities law experience
- Collaborative approach with both business and legal groups, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others.
- Experience providing direct advice to business clients on thorny regulatory legal matters, particularly in novel or ambiguous areas of the law.
- Keen business judgment and ability to analyze complex legal issues while considering risk.
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask, manage cases, and carry out important projects with limited oversight.
- Flexibility to perform in nimble, rapidly changing and growing environments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required -- strong writing, research, and negotiation skills necessary.
- Excited about Uber and its mission!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber