Motion Designer II
About the Role
The Uber Motion Designer is a mid-level creative role within the Creative Production & Operations team within Marketing. The Uber Motion Designer is a passionate, creative problem solver in motion design who will help influence and drive how the Uber brand is expressed in motion. You will design, illustrate, and animate in a variety of media, help develop best motion practices across all platforms, collaborate with other creative teams at Uber and help define how motion reinforces Uber's brand experience, campaign narratives, and create a magical user experience.
The job involves working collaboratively with internal marketing teams, creative problem solving, and creating clear and compelling videos. The motion designer should know what works and what doesn't, should have superb software and technical skills and be comfortable both taking direction and working independently.
What You'll Do
- Provide high quality of motion work on all content and help explore new thinking and techniques
- Contribute to the team's best practices & workflows, help develop Uber's motion framework, and provide guidance on motion within the company
- Create design frames and animatics for marketing, product, and brand design
- Update and evolve the brand motion design guidelines
- Collaborate with app designers to improve UX motion design
- Build title animations in collaboration with a video editor
- Concept & storyboard animated videos for a new product or customer story
- Creating Project Sizzles for internal creative reviews and ELT presentations (i.e. Jetset)
- Help with internal conference room screen designs
- 3+ years of experience working as a Designer
- Portfolio of high-level motion work that demonstrates strong design and motion skills
- Expertise in After Effects, Adobe CC suite and Cinema 4D as well as plug-ins and scripting.
- Experience with Arnold, Octane or Redshift renderers
- Knowledge of Maya, Nuke, and other VFX software
- Deep knowledge of emergent trends and technologies
- A professional and positive service-oriented demeanor
- Experience collaborating with producers, product managers and creative teams in all stages of a project
- Comfortable working in a "self-starter" environment and interfacing with other offices and colleagues remotely
- Bonus points for bringing a sense of humor, curiosity, & enthusiasm!!
About the team
In Marketing, we work across the company to bring the Uber brand to life, both inside and outside our walls. The Creative Marketing team is our award winning in-house agency that tells stories across all channels to demonstrate how Uber enriches lives and connects people to all the things, places, and people they love.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada