Sr Associate, Strategic Finance - Delivery
About Uber Eats EMEA
EMEA is the second-largest megaregion for Eats globally. Eats is live in 300+ cities (more on the way) across 14 countries. It's an incredibly diverse region with a range of competitive, operational, and cultural dynamics.
About the Team
Forecasting a hyper-growth business is hard. Forecasting for one of the fastest growing startups ever, expanding across the globe, while driving optimization for evolving business models - that's a challenge that doesn't come around often. Doing all this alongside a team that is as driven, creative, hands-on, smart, passionate and fun-loving as you are - that's Strategic Finance at Uber. The Eats Strategic Finance team works with the leadership of the Eats Operations teams as a key partner in budgeting, optimization and performance tracking to accomplish our financial and operational goals.
About the Role
In this role, you will be supporting the EMEA Uber Eats business and be in a unique position with visibility into the overall business, and this will allow you to reach insights others might not be able to make. In addition to supporting our financial planning, forecasting, and analysis efforts, you'll have the opportunity to turn these insights into initiatives, running with them and helping drive strategic decisions. So if you're ready to go deep, working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the finance skills, experience, and passion - read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do
- Financial planning and analysis: work closely with the finance organization and with regional business leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals, apply business judgement and financial insights to help with decision making
- Sophisticated financial modeling: build models from scratch, improve existing models, and break complex models down into components that consolidate
- Think strategically and execute: the models we build aid in decision making and strategy - we operationalize our insights
- Monthly close: analyze variances between actuals, forecast, and plan - use insights to iterate on forecasts and create/discuss potential action plans with cross-functional stakeholders
- Process improvement: help improve our planning processes and ensure finance best practices spread through the organization. Work closely with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our actuals
- Business optimization: support initiatives that optimize our global UberEats P&L. Work closely with the Senior Finance Management to provide financial insights and assess the company's overall progress towards its strategic objectives.
- Innovate: we will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
Special projects: new initiatives always come up, you will have the chance to contribute beyond regular modeling
What You'll Need
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar
- Minimum of 5+ years in Banking, Corporate finance or operational FP&A role at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established organization
- Elite Excel/Google Sheet skills: Best practices are second-nature, your models are efficient, scalable and intuitive
- Excellent communication and people skills: numbers are key, but a business is built with people
- Self-starter: You will take initiative, be dedicated, set and drive toward goals
- Systems: working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems
Attention to detail: consistent with swift and high quality execution. We need to do things quickly and we need to do them well. Striking that balance can be challenging and this should be a strength of yours.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Proficiency in IBM Cognos TM1
- SQL skills: the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- CFA or CPA
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber