Program Manager, Global Strategy Design
About the Role
Community Operations (CommOps), the customer support organization at Uber, is a global network of Centers of Excellence (COEs, call centers) and Greenlight Hubs (in-person centers) dedicated to onboarding and troubleshooting drivers, riders, restaurants, deliverers, shippers and freighters and their accounts. The customer service representatives (CSRs) and Experts, their direct people managers and several other roles that work in these centers and hubs make up the Community Specialists Team (CST), the largest group of full-time employees at Uber. Given the unique nature of support work in these centers, CommOps created a unique set of job families and job ladders expressly for the Community Specialists Team. The Program Manager, Global Strategy Design will own the strategic design of CST job architecture, career progression, policy, measurement and success balancing input from all stakeholders: CommOps leadership, other program managers, partner organizations, and employees. This role will partner closely with regional teams within Global Community Operations to enhance, change and implement new programs, processes and policies across the network. This role will also assist in managing the Community Specialist Committee made up of senior leader representatives from each of the mega-regions whose purpose is to set the strategy, measure the effectiveness and design the policy to ensure excellence among the CST and who vote on all major issues related to this employee population.
What you'll be doing:
- Propose and manage the long-term governance for the maintenance of the CST Job Architecture including roles & responsibilities, competencies, career trajectory and incentives and performance management
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Community Specialist Committee and its mission of driving excellence in the Community Specialists Team; this will include:
- Owning the agenda for bi-weekly committee meetings
- Liaising with leaders to vet content to be leveraged for committee proposals
- Serving as lead for approved global projects coming out of committee
- Establish metrics to measure success of the expanded job architecture and identify new opportunities(working with): Compensation, Workforce Management, Tools & Technology, Analytics and Insights, Learning and Development, People Processes
- Drive the strategic visioning of holistic systems-driven automated processes for the maintenance of the CST Job Architecture (including, but not limited to, systems such as JIRA, ICIMS, Scout, Workday).
- Partner with regional points of contact (RPOCs) to align on current process and identify areas of opportunity related to CST job architecture success
- Program manage standardization and communication to various stakeholders
- Create and own overall change management for new work that is added to the Global Community Operations organization related to CST Ladder maintenance
- Promote continuous process improvement for existing work within the regions, while looking for ways to make it globally standard
- Bachelor's degree or
- Minimum 5 years of strategy consulting, contact center operations, organizational development or related experience
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Flexibility - You have the ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Exceptional global program management experience
- Familiarity with project management methodologies
- Entrepreneurial spirit - You have the drive to continue building and improving all processes.
- Experience in service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced environment
- Data visualization experience
- Well versed in the inner-workings of a contact center
- Omni-Channel Experience
About the Team
This role is part of the greater CST Experience Team which is dedicated to the design, maintenance and success of the Community Specialists Team within Community Operations. This means designing policy, roles and responsibilities, career trajectory, a quarterly incentive compensation construct and a performance management system all at a global scale while minding regional nuances.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber