Engineering Manager II - Rider Verticals
About the Team
On the Travel/Airports Engineering team, we write code that ignites opportunities for millions of people every day. We're focused on making Uber's core ridesharing products faster, safer, and more reliable by building scalable software solutions for riders and drivers on our platform.
We are looking for a technical leader who will manage the team that builds our new experiences for Traveller and Riders/Drivers at Airports. This is a full-stack team with mobile & backend engineers. We are fundamentally rebuilding the way that riders can book Uber trips by enabling them to do so in advance building onto Uber's on demand business model! With that comes many exciting technical challenges like building complex matching systems, rethinking notifications, offline trip & state management, and much more!
- Support your team in delivering and maintaining features that impact millions of Uber drivers and riders.
- Prioritize stories, features and bugs to deliver the most value to users quickly.
- Develop and drive a vision for the mobility engineering team, finding the balance between experimentation and building long term reliable features.
- Help your team build features and uphold the high quality bar to maintain the health of these features.
- 2+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- Experience leading engineers across all levels
- Experience working with product managers, user researchers, designers and data scientists.
- Experience going through the full software cycle of requirements, design, coding/testing, rollout/deploy standard methodologies in delivering outstanding software and services.
- A computer science, or engineering undergraduate degree or equivalent, including hands-on software development experience.
- Experience building accessible and scalable backend systems with a track record of delivering sophisticated solutions for true user problems.
- Experience running experiments to assess the efficiency of releases.
- Experience leading teams building consumer-facing products
- Passionate about building phenomenal experiences for Uber users all over the world.
- A high bar across the board - for your own contributions, for the people you work with, and for the products you work on.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber