Sr. Expert, In-Person Support - Minneapolis
Starting June 14, 2021, successful external candidates may receive a one-time sign-on bonus of $500! Apply today to join Uber and ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion.
About the Role
We're looking to grow our frontline team in Minneapolis. The Greenlight Hub is staffed with Uber Experts and Senior Experts who have in-person and virtual interactions with customers who drive and deliver on the Uber platform. Our team uses a combination of sales, customer service, and problem solving to help "Earners" get more value out of their time using Uber. Uber Experts are skilled at converting prospective customers to take their first trip, helping existing users earn more with Uber, and reengaging users who have stopped using the platform.
Uber Senior Experts run the retail floor in our locations during many of their shifts, and flex in to cover appointments for their peers when needed. When running the floor, Senior Experts are responsible for their location's efficiency, and they do so by answering real-time logistical questions as Earners check-in for their appointments, helping high-touch situations, such as lost item returns, and by matching inbound volume of Earners who need help to available Experts in real-time. Senior Experts also spend time shadowing their peers' interactions to develop insights about which programs and processes are adding value, and which need to be reworked.
Please note that the Uber Senior Expert is not a people manager role. The position is an hourly customer support role with a set wage.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented Covid19 safety protocols which meet or exceed local public health guidance. Worker safety remains number one priority.
What You'll Do
- Have 1:1 and group interactions with current and prospective Uber customers, mostly drivers + delivery people
- Ask probing questions to understand customers needs, reservations, and goals; pitch Uber as a solution
- Convert prospective earners to take their first trip on the platform
- Follow internal documentation to help existing earners with troubleshooting
- Be persuasive, empathetic, and creative in helping customers decide to leverage Uber more
- Re-engage Earners who have stopped using the platform by overcoming blocks and obstacles they are facing
- Support the local leadership team (Team Lead) through floor management and flexing into other roles as needed. This work includes auditing interactions for adherence to processes, as well as real-time management of inbound requests from third parties (e.g., vendors, security),and site logistics.
- Serve as primary point-of-contact for escalated or challenging support, Lost Item Return, and any other logistical concern that requires immediate action.
- Provides actionable insights to the leadership team to drive results
- Serve as a peer leader - demonstrating adaptability and optimism, showcasing positivity and excellence, and mentoring nUbers through mentorship, ridealongs and reverse ridealongs.
- Minimum 6 months experience in a Greenlight or customer service and sales equivalent
- Sales, account management, or business development experience
- Previous role in retail, customer service, or customer support with conversion/retention goals
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Effective communication skills with the ability to interact and connect with many types of personalities
- Experience leading peers to achieve success metrics without direct manager oversight
- Physical Requirements:
- Expected to remain in a stationary position, often sitting or standing for prolonged periods
- May be required to perform repeating motions that include the wrists, hands and/or fingers, e.g., using a keyboard
- Additional Requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- Required to have regular and predictable attendance in the assigned work location
- Ability to work in an open floor plan with moderate noise
About the Team
Earners keep Uber moving. Greenlight Locations exist to maximize the contribution that Earners have on the network by providing high-touch support in the interest of keeping drivers engaged and online. Greenlight Experts are positive, upbeat "people people" who thrive on helping others accomplish their goals.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada