Head of Public Policy & Government Affairs, Taiwan
About the Role
Our public policy team is responsible for working with policymakers, regulators and third parties to make the positive case for Uber as a platform.
That's partly about building lasting relationships in the cities where we operate with politicians and their staff so they understand the benefits of Uber's services. It is also about figuring out the best regulatory framework and then developing campaigns to push reform through.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Leading Uber's Public Policy & Government Affairs efforts in Taiwan across the Mobility and Delivery businesses.
- Developing and implementing Public policy and Government Affairs strategies
- Acting as a transparent and constructive stakeholder to build lasting relationships with policy-makers --including governments, regulators, third parties and academics on a range of policy issues of interest to the company.
- Partnering with global and regional teams to build and execute stakeholder engagement strategies, and campaigns, that support positive regulatory reform and enhance the overall reputation of Uber as a platform.
What the Candidate Will need
- A great advocate: We're looking to create new regulatory frameworks that encourage innovation. You'll need the intellectual fire power to grasp complex policy issues as well as the ability to articulate clearly and simply how apps like Uber can help improve transportation for everyone.
- A strong campaigner: Smartphone apps can be disruptive, and the interests being disrupted are deeply entrenched. So you'll need passion and dedication to put together proactive campaigns that demonstrate there's a better alternative to today's outdated status quo. That means having a bias for action in everything you do--and a willingness to engage in debates, that can often become heated.
- You would have 8+ years experience working with institutions, government officials, parliament and understanding and managing policy issues; proven ability to evolve in a complex environment is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese with a demonstrated ability to engage policy concepts with diverse stakeholders is essential.
- Business acumen: Experience in the technology sector and/or a marketplace business is strongly preferred.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber