Sr Strategy Manager, Restaurant Selection
The ANZ Eats Restaurant team manages the complete restaurant lifecycle from sales acquisition to long term retention and experience. Our 30,000+ restaurant partners represent small businesses right through to global enterprise partners. The Merchant Operations team delivers value to our merchant partners by defining our selection strategy, managing the Onboarding of new Merchants, bringing new products to the local market and enabling safety, high performance, and the very best customer experience at scale.
**About the role**
Uber Eats is looking for an outstanding individual to champion the platform's Restaurant Selection Strategy. Reporting to the Merchant Acquisition Strategy & Operations Lead, you will be responsible for ensuring that our customers have access to the best possible Restaurant selection at any point of time across all ANZ geographies. You will be working closely across the full Restaurant life cycle with Sales and other X-functional teams. You will design and execute our Restaurant acquisition strategy, ensure that high value Restaurants are set-up for success on the platform and actively manage Restaurant churn. It is an exciting opportunity to have a direct impact on Restaurant Selection, which is a critical pillar of Uber Eats value proposition.
What you'll do
- Maintain high quality data on new ANZ Restaurant leads so we are always up to date on all Restaurants operating in ANZ, working closely with Uber Global teams
- Continuously refine and optimise our Restaurant lead scoring to guide acquisition efforts
- Identify selection gaps (geography, cuisine, vs competitors etc.) and define strategies to close them where appropriate
- Work closely with Sales Managers & X-functional partners (Finance, Marketing, Sales Operations etc.) to build, maintain and refine acquisition levers, financial and non financial (e.g CRM campaigns with newly acquired hero restaurants)
- Own the Virtual Restaurant strategy across the platform
- Define and facilitate the execution of the Early Life Cycle strategy restaurants to ensure they are setup for success on the platform
- Actively manage Restaurant churn: building churn visibility, predictability model & mitigation strategies
- Manage a direct report (Operations Manager)
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in consulting, operations, or project management
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through excellent analytical thinking and strong business acumen
- Strong stakeholder management skills with experience working with senior leaders and cross-functional teams to develop and operationalise initiatives
- Bias toward action and ability to thrive in ambiguous and fast-paced environments
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to plan, deliver, and prioritise multiple initiatives
- Proven data analytics capabilities (Excel, SQL)
- Experience working in a Sales environment is a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber