Regional Program Manager, Safety and Compliance
The Safety Operations team's mission is to make Uber the safest mobility and delivery platform through industry-leading innovation, policies, and processes, and to support the safe and sustainable growth of the business.
About the Role
We're looking for a highly motivated individual with an analytical and constructive mindset to join our APAC Safety and Compliance Operations team. You will be part of the team that aims to make Uber the safest platform through industry-leading innovation, policies, and processes, while supporting the safe and sustainable growth of the mobility and delivery businesses.
In this role you will have the opportunity to solve complex problems, launch features and policies to enhance platform safety and compliance, and work with multiple cross-functional partners across Operations, Community Operations, Legal, Policy and Comms teams both regionally and globally.
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in managing multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously and data analytics.
What You'll Do
- Launch new product features across 9 markets in APAC and advocate for products to improve safety and compliance in the region
- Proactively evaluate safety and compliance risk across the region and develop strategies and initiatives to address gaps
- Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of safety and compliance initiatives and work with local teams and management to execute those strategies
- Monitor and report safety and compliance metrics back to the business
- Define success metrics, analyse trends in safety data to come up with solutions that reduce safety incidents on the platform
- Manage and work with different cross-functional stakeholders across proactive initiatives as well as reactive incident response
- Help transform the internal safety culture within Uber, helping to ensure we put safety at the heart of all that we do
- Interest in safety and compliance
- Proactive, self-starter mentality
- Constructive mindset and ability to understand various XFN perspectives
- Strong problem solving skills
- Analytical skills, experience presenting data and findings
- Data driven decision making
- Ability to handle multiple ongoing projects
- Strong communication skills
- Proven stakeholder management experience
- Proven cross-functional program management experience
- Fluency in an APAC language (e.g. Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber