Chief of Staff, Uber Ads
About the Team
At Uber, we are building a new Uber Ads division to spearhead the next phase of its global advertising business. By building strong advertising products, Uber will help merchants, brands, and other advertisers to reach its highly engaged user base across its Mobility and Delivery platforms in 32 markets while we empower eaters, riders and earners to discover the familiar.
The Chief of Staff, Uber Ads champions high priority projects across all aspects of the global Uber Ads business including sales, product, engineering, business development and legal/privacy. You will tackle on a uniquely wide and exciting range of responsibilities. You'll help the GM handle the Uber Ads organization through project management, operating enablement, and critical initiatives program development. This means you will be responsible for supporting and improving the team's effectiveness through planning, prioritization, and driving executional follow-ups. You will also be a critical partner for senior leaders - coordinating and connecting teams and work-streams to ensure the business is moving quickly and in the right direction. You will serve as a program manager for special projects as directed by the GM, working with a vast array of partners on both the strategic vision and project execution.
What You'll Do
- Program/Project Management: Be a hustling multi-tasker. You'll be the go to person for many key initiatives across important teams within the organization such as Sales, Product, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, and Legal/Privacy.
- Process Improvement: Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve existing or develop new processes to keep our local and regional teams as efficient as possible.
- Build Relationships: Collaborate with other functional areas (Product, Business Development, Sales, People Operations, Legal, Finance etc.) to ensure we are bringing all available tools to bear on our toughest problems.
- Communication: Help to communicate priorities and act as a sounding board and consultant to senior leadership.
- Scale: Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist expansion efforts, and make data driven decisions.
- Lead by Example: Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively, communicate frequently and with high quality; then funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans.
- At least 5+ years of consulting / business intelligence / strategy / entrepreneurial or related experience
- High-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with advertising. You have been in the ads or a similar (marketing, PR, etc.) industry for at least 3+ years and have a deep understanding of advertiser needs.
- Exceptional communication skills. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take-aways, and disseminate meaningful insights.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - be a strong problem solver.
- Explorer - investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Being elf-starter is a must!
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away.
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber