Manager, Head of Midwest & New England Marketplace Operations (Rides)
About the Role
Our City Operations teams work where Uber's digital technology meets the real world. We are the local eyes for Uber, and own city-specific business outcomes and bridge our overall business strategy with local needs. We ensure complex, business-critical work is done in a high-quality way and champion the core Uber experience, for both riders and drivers, in our cities.
Uber is looking for a results-oriented, customer-focused, insights-driven, and vision setting individual to lead the Midwest & New England Core Experience team! This team is responsible for our business in ten states in the Midwest & New England regions, including Chicago and Boston, two large and strategically important markets. If you love setting a vision, managing cross-functional partners, pushing projects forward to deliver measurable and strategically meaningful results, and solving problems from both 30,000 feet as well as deep in the details, this is the role for you!
In this role, you'll set the overall strategy for the Midwest & New England business. You'll be responsible for business performance, operational excellence, and maintaining and continuously improving the Uber experience for riders and drivers.
This is a role for a strong, analytical operator. This role requires excellent collaboration across different functional and specialized teams, and will be a key part of the Rides Leadership team. We need leaders who are visionaries and can build, coach, and inspire teams to reach their potential. We believe in building globally and living locally -- so understanding your territory and championing its needs is key.
What You'll Do:
- Vision: Define and execute the mission and strategy for the Uber Rides business for the Midwest & New England - from a growth, profitability, and customer experience perspective
- Leadership: Build, develop, and lead a team of smart and passionate people toward shaping the future of the Rides business in your markets. Lead by example and establish an inclusive and team culture
- Grow & Drive Profit For The Business: Drive growth and profitability for the business. Execution is key. You will be responsible for growing trips, ridership, revenue, and profits in a highly competitive space
- Process Improvement: Find ways to do things better and make existing processes more efficient and automated, including standardizing and centralizing processes and working with Product/Engineering and support functions to systematize our needs
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work cross-functionally with Ops, Policy, Legal, Product, and other teams to address unique challenges and opportunities in your markets
- Problem solve: Work with local, regional and global teams to resolve critical problems impacting the business and ensure that insights inform broader strategic initiatives
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience
- Leadership and people management skills
- 7+ years of professional work experience; 3+ of those years in consulting / strategy / investment banking / business intelligence / strategy or related field; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Experience managing people and a team
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment via strong analytical thinking
- Proven track record of building and executing in a highly cross functional environment
- Extremely proactive, self starter mentality with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the important points, and disseminate actionable insights
- Demonstrated decision-making skill. You think critically about all angles of a problem, digging in deeper where needed, and make smart long-term decisions
- Ability to thrive under pressure in an unstructured, fast paced environment
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada