Director, Product Dev Services, GSS
About the Role
You will be responsible for leading a multi-location, multi-functional program management (tech) team developing engineering solutions, supporting tech migration, providing data analytics support, and product testing (manual and automated) for all Uber's tech teams.
The role will provide an opportunity to work on some of the most critical initiatives at Uber helping the product management and engineering teams to deliver on their strategic roadmap.
You will be leading a multi-site, multi-vendor, multi-process operations team leading the end-to-end operations strategy, execution, and delivery. This role can be based in Bangalore/Hyderabad.
What You Will Do:
- Build the vision for centralized practices around Engineering Services, Data Services, Testing, and ML Ops for Uber
- Work with product, data science, and eng leadership to establish and adjust strategy, estimate capacity, build roadmaps, and supervise progress against targets
- Build and scale capabilities across solution development, ML, testing, and data to craft robust approaches which can be leveraged by product and engineering partners to positively impact Uber's business.
- Lead a team of program managers and mentor/support them to fulfill organizational goals as well as their career aspirations
- Develop a deep understanding of the tech stack and support needs of various engineering and product customers
- Handle technology vendor provider relationships to ensure results and SLAs are met, taking corrective action when they are not while maintaining focus on cost and quality.
- Drive innovation and establish processes that deliver continuous improvement across all operational activities.
- Establish standard methodologies across similar workstreams such that they are reusable
- Identify tool/process opportunities and influence development teams to deliver enhanced functionality
- Establish measurement metrics and methods for supervising work efficiency, utilization, and quality
- Communicate strategy and progress with senior management and cross-functional teams
- Own building and maintaining financial budgets
- Proven experience as a product/program/engineering project manager driving tech initiatives across functions and locations (ideally 10+ years). Experienced in working with US-based teams
- BS/BE degree in Computer Science and related field
- Experience in defining technology operations charters, communicating roadmaps/business cases to the ELT level, and track record of building large scale teams and partner ecosystems
- Not just a team builder, but an outstanding team creator who can construct and use personal networks effectively. Minimum of 6 years experience in people management with a proven track record to lead, coach, and mentor through influence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and outstanding emotional intelligence.
- Ability to influence and empower people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships. Proficient in English, both verbal and written.
- Highly organized. Excellent interpersonal skills to balance many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items. Deep experience in project management
- Ability to understand sophisticated concepts and make reasoned decisions with sometimes imperfect data.
- Ability to handle risks and mitigate these across the program
- Results-oriented. Detail-oriented. Driven. Take initiative without being asked. Creative. Team player.
- Deep domain expertise in one or multiple areas - technical program management, data analytics, engineering or testing
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada