Security Engineer II
Uber's Enterprise Security Team is looking for a hands-on Security Engineer to help us solidify our security posture through efforts in the following areas:
- Endpoint Hardening of Macs PCs, Linux boxes, production servers, network equipment, SaaS, etc.
- Network Security
- Data Loss Prevention
- Shadow IT identification and remediation
- Audits & Compliance
- Email Security
On the Enterprise Security Team you will:
- Identify shortcomings in our security posture
- Work with our Red & Purple Teams to respond to identified threats
- Recommend/implement steps to better secure our systems.
- Assist in investigations related to security events.
- Be on the forefront of the industry and news related to it helping us to learn from the mistakes of other companies while helping to identify solutions that will better protect our systems.
- Leverage your security domain knowledge to assist in fine tuning of both Uber proprietary and 3rd party s/w.
- Identify opportunities to inform the design of the systems we build within Engineering Security and participate in both the design and development of those systems.
Help make critical build vs. buy decisions and work to bring custom built or acquired solutions to production
Through your commitment to security, you'll help our team as we bring tooling to Uber that protects our fleet of production endpoints. Regardless of endpoint, we need countermeasures and visibility that will support the Uber Engineering Security Team's endpoint hardening initiatives and investigations.
What you'll need:
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience in cybersecurity (Endpoint hardening, advanced email threat detection & remediation,SSO, SAML, Cryptography, etc.) *The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of and experience in many security verticals.
- Experience in instrumentation of & using security tools (CrowdStrike, Carbon Black, ForeScout, Barracuda, Proofpoint, etc. *Equivalents are acceptable
- Experience implementing anti malware, IPS, and EDR systems
Understanding of authentication, authorization, and directory services
Security domain knowledge in the following areas:
- Experience with threat driven defense
- Experience building countermeasures based on the kill chain or ATT&CK Framework
- Experience with operating systems internals (Kernels) and hardening (Linux, OS X, Windows)
- Distributed systems design (CAP theorem)
- Software engineering experience
- eCommerce system design experience
Experience in backend engineering (Java, C#, Python, Go, etc.) Experience in front-end development (Angular, React, etc.) Experience developing security tools
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada