Sr Associate, Strategic Finance
About the Role
As part of the Strategic Finance team, you will help scale the financial reporting, analytics, and planning capabilities and empower decision makers across our different businesses and functions. You will play a key role in all aspects of financial reporting and make significant contributions to high-profile strategic and operational initiatives. By applying to this position, your application is automatically submitted to the following Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) areas based on role availability: Mobility, Delivery, Freight, Marketing, and Corporate Finance. So if you're ready to dive into a rewarding set of challenges and you've got the proven financial skills, experience, passion, and strong team mentality - read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do
- Business partnering - partner with company leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making related to new initiatives, products, and business opportunities
- Sophisticated financial modeling - build models from scratch, improve existing models, and break complex models down into components that consolidate
- Global optimization - lead initiatives that optimize our different product P&L
- Think strategically and then execute - the models we build aid in decision making and strategy - we operationalize our insights
- Work closely with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our actuals
- Special projects and deal support
- Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other relevant subject
- 3.5+ years of proven experience
- Outstanding analytical skills - standard methodologies are second-nature, your models are efficient, scalable, and intuitive
- Excellent communication and people skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people
- Self-starter - you will take initiative, be dedicated, set and drive toward goals
- Ability to prioritize - we are consistently working on multiple projects at any given time, so we are looking for someone who is comfortable working in an ambiguous environment and has the ability to optimally multitask
- Standout colleague - this is a highly collaborative and encouraging team environment
- Experience with Excel/gsheets, SQL, and/or statistical software package
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber