Engineering Manager, Metrics Platform
About the Role:
As the Engineering Manager on uMetric, Uber's Metric Platform, you will have a profound impact on a wide variety of technology teams spanning multiple focus areas. We are looking for an experienced leader who possesses top-class leadership experience building data products and systems. You'll lead multiple sub-teams composed of managers and tech leads setting the overall vision with product and senior engineers.
What You'll Do:
- Set the vision for business Metrics at Uber;
- Manage through a team of managers and technical leads;
- Manage through influence across the company including stakeholder engineering, data science, and product partner teams.
- 2+ years of proven experience leading multiple teams through Engineering Managers and Technical Leads;
- 5+ years experience building software systems at scale.
- 5+ years of management building and leading a software engineering team;
- Experience building systems or teams focused around Data Products or Infrastructure;
- Experience with technologies like Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Flink, Lambda and Kappa architectures or similar.
About the Team
The uMetric team builds the source of truth Metrics registry that solves for the full life cycle of metrics usage from definition, discovery, planning, computation, and quality to consumption. You can find more technical details and case studies in the team's recent blog post https://eng.uber.com/umetric/.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber