Senior Applied Scientist - Eats Ads
About the Role
The Ads Applied Science team is responsible for building the algorithms and statistical methodologies which power Uber's Ads platform, and we're looking for someone with Ads experience to help accelerate our impact!
Example of work includes projects such as determining the best auction mechanism for ads in a marketplace, improving ads quality score models, determining how to bid on behalf of advertisers, or building methodologies to measure incremental sales and correct for marketplace network effects.
Working alongside data scientists, engineers, and product managers, you will manage stakeholders to drive consensus while demonstrating technical and analytical skills. If you're passionate about working in a dynamic team, on a new and strategically important product, this is the team for you.
What you'll do
- Bring strong technical expertise to help expand Ads
- Problem solving skills, can excel in an ill-defined problem space and walk the way out with a structural solution
- Drive innovation, generate and validate new data, tactics and product ideas that maximize our business impact
- Build key algorithms behind our ads platform
- Design and analyze experiments to verify their impact
- Masters degree in Operations Research, Statistics, Economics, Machine Learning, or other quantitative fields
- Experience developing and deploying large scale machine learning and optimization models in production
- At least 5 years of industry experience in data science, with significant personal experience as a technical contributor.
- Strong experience of experimental design and analysis
- Strong experience with Python or R, and SQL.
- Experience working on Ads platforms
- Ph.D. in Operations Research, Statistics, Economics, Machine Learning, or other quantitative fields
- Experience mentoring more junior members
- Academic or industry publications
- Strong communication skills - this includes writing documents, putting together presentations, and speaking with people of all levels, from peers to top executives
- End-to-end ownership - you'll dive into the data to understand the whole context, passionately advocate for your ideas, help out with implementation where needed, and always take responsibility for ensuring that riders and drivers have a great experience on our network.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber