Oracle Financial Functional Consultant -Tax(EBS)
About the Role
FinTech is a part of the CFO's organisation and responsible for innovating and building the best financial products & systems in the world. Our DNA is customer obsession, top-quality products, collaboration, and clarity.
FinTech works closely with Finance & business operations to build applications and solutions to enable critical accounting, finance business processes at Uber. We use industry standard in Financial and Accounting systems, applying them to our complex global business operations. We provide systems for compliance, data reliability, audit and ensure timely availability of business critical data. This group is on the critical path to enable Uber to become a world class business operation and at the cutting edge of operational excellence.
As a Business Systems Analyst you will envision and craft a financial product roadmap for 'Tax2Compliance' Product Track to build world class Internal Tax Products working with Tax Tech, Global Tax, Global Reporting and Compliance and Engineering Teams at Uber. You will partner with other FinTech & Tax Tech leaders to perform systems analysis and implement changes across FinTech systems. You'll be responsible for overall metrics and business impact of your programs. Your performance is measured by the impact of the projects you launch seamlessly and by your ability to influence and inspire a high-performing team that includes Product, Tax, Engineering, Accounting, Finance and Operations.
What You'll Do
This role is a unique opportunity mix of technology, consulting and product development and project management. The role will require deep technical skills and experience and need close collaboration with Tax, Finance and other partner teams to get a deep understanding of the processes and data flows.
- You'll engage to build and enhance the Tax products globally and drive and deliver impactful projects from tax and reporting requirements, and system application
- Carry out standard practises and improve the efficiency of Uber's systems, processes and controls by defining the long-term FinTech strategy, translate objectives into technical requirements, build and drive initiatives through implementation
- You will be working on the ERP (Oracle ecosystem) and look for improvements and enhanced reporting, while supporting regional teams by mapping the local GAAP and Tax requirements for ERP enhancements
- Collaborate with various partners from Tax, Tax Tech, FinOps, Operations, Accounting and communicate effectively across teams regarding priorities, status and delivery
- Help business to streamline business processes and standard procedures across regions while ensuring system is configured accordingly
- Closely work with external providers to follow on the new developments to ensure smooth tax compliances and legal reporting obligations are applied in the system
- Create/ work on a knowledge and sharing project to disseminate relevant system updates
- Own and drive the process redesign and development of internal tools for tax reporting
- Bring new ideas to the table to support tax reporting function and develop new solutions
What You'll need
- An academic degree in accounting, tax reporting, finance, and/or related field, preferably CA, CWA or CPA.
- 5+ years of experience on Oracle ERP as a Finance Functional Consultant and on financial system environment, accounting, tax
- Must have worked on large scale Oracle ERP footprint (Oracle GL, EB- Tax, FA and AP)
- Should have worked in the environment where Statutory Reporting is implemented and used for Local reporting
- Strong analytical skills and data driven
- Skills to author requirements documents, technical specifications, interface mapping documents, user testing, and process flows
- You can run your own queries, analyze data to fix or define problems.
- Excellent project management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Good communication and comfortable sharing information formally or informally with senior audiences
- Demonstrated experience of leading global projects with measurable business impact, finance, accounting, or tax systems projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in building any Tax Products and solutions, it includes any solutions implemented for country level localization
- Oracle Localization experience is preferred
- Solid experience in Excel, preferred SQL skills
- Experience on other Tax Products - Vertex, Data Analytics, Visualisation and automation tools (Tableau, Google Studio, Power BI) and Alteryx
- Interest in building products and improving tax reporting and compliance functions
- Genuine passion for financial systems and technological developments
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber