South Cone Security Lead
We're seeking a passionate, highly motivated and detail-oriented security professional to join our Security Team!
You'll have the opportunity to provide practical, physical security support to the team, running metrics while ensuring accuracy, completeness and integrity. Providing guidance, support and make recommendations to resolve physical and personnel security concerns.
If you're into adrenaline, team work and find satisfaction in a positive work environment, keep reading!
About the Role
As the Security Lead for South Cone (currently Chile, Argentina, Paraguay, and Uruguay), you'll partner closely with regional team, responsible for the security of our people, properties, and assets throughout the region. You will own and lead all incidents within the region from start to finish as well as execute tactical, day-to-day local operations. You will work cross functionally with local and regional leadership to support and execute on projects and assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of all security processes in the South Cone region.
The right person is proactive and forward leaning, loves finding creative solutions to sophisticated problems, and can move decisively to protect our people, assets and reputation.
What the You'll Do
Uber Security Leads are accountable for the execution of the Global Security strategy and programs across all Uber businesses within their respective Area of Operations (AOR). South Cone contains critical Uber markets with extensive growth potential.
Specific responsibilities and accountabilities (not all-inclusive, performed within delegated authority):
- React promptly to any urgent security event/ incident / crisis which takes place in the region and lead the effort until successful resolution.
- Reduce and mitigate security incidents; reduce risk to personnel and the marketplace, and increase security perception
- Close engagement with regional partners: own relationship with Greenlight Managers/Supervisors, Facilities Supervisors, Human Resources, Employee Relations, Community Operations
- Drive vendor performance; align with Vendor Manager and Contract Manager to ensure the highest performance standards and site-specific performance
- Proactively communicate issues and recommend mitigating measures to address security concerns and enable/support business operations
- Work in close collaboration with internal Trust & Security counterparts to align security activities with wider (global) programs
- Guide the team, (consisting of FTE and/or EXT staff), and ensure the effective management of all activities and resources to support programs and operations.
- Provide technical advice, guidance and support e.g. operational security requirements, security assessments and plans to the regional partners, contributing to the development of the regional strategy, policy and planning
- Identify and manage security (guarding) vendors, to ensure efficiency, quality and consistency of services in alignment with Global Security standards
- Supervise and prepare accurate and timely reporting that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders
- Provide quarterly operational reviews to the Global Security Leadership
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of security activities, providing technical analysis, data and metrics, interpretation and information as required to support the assessment of activity impact
- Establish professional business relationships with geographical and functional leaders in the respective region
- Contribute to managing the regional security budget
- Lead and execute Site Security Assessments and ensures site compliance
- Plan and conduct applicable security trainings
What the You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree, at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Spanish, and English fluency in written and verbal communication is mandatory.
- Creative 'can do' attitude towards problem solving.
- Attention to detail in both written and oral communication.
- Ability to handle security challenges in a constantly changing fast paced environment.
- Excellent communicator; must be eloquent and persuasive with the ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
- Able to scale with the business and thrive in a rapid growth environment.
- Experience leading contract security services.
- Solid understanding of local laws and regulations that govern security, criminal and regulatory matters.
- Demonstrable ability to work with large data and experience identifying and driving process and system improvement opportunities by monitoring metrics, analyzing data, and partnering with internal teams.
- A well established professional network of security contacts within the region.
- Capable of fostering a culture of Trust, Honesty, and Integrity.
- Ability to work long and flexible hours under pressure.
- Travel required as needed to get things done.
Bonus Points If
- Military, security, or law enforcement background is a big plus.
- Project management and reporting skills.
- Recent hands-on experience throughout LATAM and broader experience outside the region is a bonus.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber