Operations Intern - Sustainability
About the Internship
The UK is leading Uber's efforts on the road to zero emissions. We have committed to being 100% electric vehicles by 2025 in London and 2030 across the UK.
The clean air team, which sits within the UK operations team, is responsible for crafting and executing all elements of this strategy. Our sustainability objectives are one of the five big bets that we've identified to transform Uber UK in the next three years
What You'll Do
As part of this internship, you would support the current team to deliver against our sustainability goals. This would likely include working on helping to craft and deliver a program of education and engagement activities that can help Drivers understand how they can transition to EVs, supporting our work with vehicle partners to bring more EVs to the platform, working to increase the provision of EV charging across London in conjunction with commercial and government partners, continually improving the way in which we operate and how that can be best coordinated with other parts of the Uber business, collaborate with teams from across Europe and the US to help in the expansion of our sustainability efforts.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English
- Currently enrolled or graduated in the last 6 months in a Masters or Bachelors degree
- Availability to work 6 months full time in 2021 starting October/November
- Business Insight: Understanding and being fully aware of how our business operates and how it makes money and sustains profitable growth, now and in the future
- Communication: Using interpersonal skills and situational awareness to clearly deliver information to a variety of audiences.
- Planning and Organization: Setting up and maintaining systems to appropriately structure and keep track of tasks and projects
- Problem Solving: Efficiently resolving issues that involve people, things, and processes by using logic and common sense
- Stakeholder Management: Taking time to establish effective relationships; earning the trust of others within the organization through strong situational awareness and reliability
- Teamwork: Demonstrates optimism, respects others, and works well in a team
- Working rights in the UK (No sponsorship available)
- A prior internship experience working in a startup, tech company, or any kind of operations internship
- Prior experience with SQL
Internships @ Uber
- Perks & Benefits: We offer an above-average monthly internship allowance, Uber credits and much more!
- You have the rare chance to create a global impact - we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics. We offer expansive mentorship from Uber employees to guide you through your internship experience and for you to build personal networks and friendships with hardworking people who share your passion for technology.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber