Senior Manager, Payments Partnerships, EMEA BD
About the Role
In this role, you will lead and execute on sophisticated, high-impact payment initiatives (including those that are first-of-their-kind)! You will partner with teams across Uber to develop launch plans, while improving payments economics.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for our payments partnerships that support new and existing products and the platform that helps us record millions of transactions
- Evaluate new business development, critical initiatives and partnership opportunities, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Source, negotiate and implement global high-priority strategic partnerships in alignment to our business model and priorities
- Work with product, operations and marketing teams to drive partnership outcomes
- Develop collaborations aligned with OKRs
- Develop an understanding of Uber's strategy and products across the payments product areas, and how it fits into the larger strategy
- Understand business strategy implications and communicate in a financially grounded way
- Improve partnerships through detailed and proactive account management, working with partners to define, iterate and enable new initiatives and products
- 10 years of experience in strategy, partnerships and business development
- Experience of payments in e-commerce, retail, digital media or financial services industries
- Experience driving a significant amount of international payment engagements, both enterprise and individuals
- Experience working with payments industry participants and deep understanding of the regulatory environment and operating with creativity in compliance framework
- Deep Payment industry knowledge and execution experience, understand economic drivers of each player in the industry value chain
- Technical proficiency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, experience evaluating trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally and across all levels internally and externally.
- A clear written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- An ability to lead cross-functional projects and interact at all levels with diverse roles including engineers, product and executive leadership
- A keen, flexible and daring intellect with superb conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think strategically and analytically about business, to craft products based on ecosystem needs, and to build and convey compelling value propositions
About the Team
The business development group is an upbeat team with the potential of generating impact across the organization, through third-party relationships.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada