Strategic Sales Business Development Executive
About the Role
This team is responsible for realizing business with building operators and open up opportunities for the stores inside the building to onboard to Uber Eats platform. This role is critical for our restaurant and/or stores acquisition since massive number of restaurants / stores are locked due to the restriction of the building operators.
- Evaluate and prioritize strategic partnership opportunities, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Develop meaningful relationships with key partners that fit into our go-to-market strategy
- Envision new ways that partnerships can positively impact core business objectives applying creativity and business acumen
- Support the partnership from relationship building and due diligence
- Owns structuring, negotiation, and implementation of complex deals end-to-end with significant autonomy
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in operations and product to bring 'first of their kind' partnerships to life
- Set, track and report on partner performance metrics
- Act as a partner advocate internally
What the Candidate Will Do
- Business or Strategy Consulting experience (Senior Consultant and above)
- Experience of leading new business development
- Have strong network among retail players (Shopping malls, Department Stores, GSMs)
- Logical Thinking Skills
- Stakeholder Management Skills
- Proactive negotiation both Internally and Externally
- Experience of Business Development
- Japanese Native / English Business Level
- Minimum 6 years of experience in business development, investment banking, management consulting, private equity or similar role
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative focus is a plus
- A history of forming and executing partnerships, particularly in different regions and/or industry verticals
- Passion for the on-demand delivery space and food
- Analytical mindset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience at a high growth technology company and existing network with c-suite executives in Japan will be a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber