Uber Eats Central Operations Lead - Fraud, Money, and Support
About the Role
Uber is looking for sharp, highly motivated individuals to join our CASA (Caribbean, Andean, South & Central America) Central Operations team. If you love setting a vision, managing cross-functional stakeholders, pushing projects forward to deliver measurable and strategically meaningful results, and solving sophisticated problems from both 30,000 feet as well as in the details, this is the role for you.
As one of the world's fastest growing companies, we're generating vast amounts of data every day. We use this data to advise everything we do: ensure we provide the best customer experience to our users, deploy incentives and promotions to adopt new features, understand customer behavior, prevent fraud, develop and launch new product offerings, and more.
The Fraud, Money & Support (FMS) Lead role will lead strategy and execution to drive efficiency and experience improvements for 9 countries in the CASA region. You will be leading a high performing team, responsible for several central initiatives on the Risk, Payments, Support and Compliance fronts. You'll be responsible for defining the FMS strategy for each country, OKRs, aligning stakeholders on strategic projects roadmap, and managing a team to deliver high-impact results.
What you'll do
- Be a critical, strategic leader on the CASA Central Operations team. This team is passionate about solving the hardest problems impacting the customer experience and the overall business at a centralized level
- Build and lead a strong analytical team of problem solvers that can seek a variety of sophisticated problems in the fraud, payments, support, and compliance fronts with high impact on user experience and the profitability of the business
- Mentor others - directly or indirectly - on critical thinking & prioritization
- Make strategic decisions to prioritize within functional area; guide and set goals for the team and stakeholders
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in business decision-making
- Work with the broader Central Operations team actively participating in project planning for CASA region, deep diving into priority and highly sophisticated business problems and opportunities
- Identify fraud related trends, build hypotheses, and own performance tracking of projects to drive overall efficiency
- Identify the efficient mix of new and existing payment methods in CASA markets and make forward looking recommendations to enable profitability and experience
- Build, execute, and improve key tax & compliance processes, ensuring that Uber Eats' business keeps running smoothly
- Collaborate closely with different teams (e.g. Product, Engineering, Operations) to develop and execute business requirements related to a wide spectrum of initiatives
- Identify business opportunities on customer support driving improvements in costs and experience, while helping cross-functional teams drive improvements and innovations across CASA region
What You'll need
- At least 6+ years of confirmed experience in product, payments, fraud, operations or strategy; preferably for a tech company
- Exceptional teamwork skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills (experience working with large datasets and using statistics & modeling and analytical methods to analyze these datasets)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Phenomenal communication skills (ability to interpret the data and consolidate and communicate the findings in a clear manner)
- Project management experience in a highly cross-functional setting, including with technical or product teams
- Extensive process improvement skills and experience
- Strong, confirmed leadership capabilities
- Bonus points if SQL capable; open to picking up SQL
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber