Sr Data Scientist
About the role
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Uber. And for our Marketing team, data forms the strong foundation for every application that we build to acquire and engage with our customers. The Senior Data Scientist will closely work with Product Managers & Marketers to provide data expertise as we improve the growth, retention, engagement, and brand affinity for all our businesses.
You possess a passion for improving techniques, processes, tracking, analytical insights, and technology used by marketing to achieve our bold goals.
What you'll do:
- Analyze multiple data sources to gain a better understanding of our user behavior, including impacts of current marketing strategies
- Collaborate with product managers, marketers and engineers to help understand the impact of marketing spend and the related return it can drive, and provide measurable insights
- Work closely with the paid and CRM marketing teams and be responsible for campaign pre and post analysis, cohorting, experiment design, segmentation, KPI measurement and more.
- Use sophisticated modeling techniques such as causal inference to undercover insights related to user behavior.
- Collaborate on cross-functional project planning/prioritization meetings, business partner meetings, data prioritization meetings, etc.
- Present findings to senior management to drive business and marketing decisions.
- Develop dashboards that provide reliable insights and visualization.
- Use tools such as Google Sheet, Jupyter notebooks, and many internal tools to work efficiently at scale.
- Be a key driver of marketing strategy, by thinking beyond immediate analysis to understand long-term implications of actions.
What you'll need:
- 8+ years of data science, analytics, business intelligence, or equivalent experience
- BS/MS in Statistics, Economics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Economics or other quantitative field
- Excellent programming skills in SQL and Python. R is a plus.
- Experiences working with large data sets
- Proficiency with multiple analytical and database tools (e.g Jupyter notebooks, Hive, Presto, Vertica, Tableau).
- Experience visualizing data and creating reports, e.g. tableau, excel / google sheets
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
Bonus points if:
- Marketing / product data science or consulting experience
- Advanced experimentation experience including multivariate and causal analysis
- Speed, resourcefulness and a go-getter attitude
- AdTech experience is a plus
- Detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments
- Solid understanding of source data, its strengths, weaknesses, semantics, and formats; solid knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional)
- Someone who is willing to contribute new ideas and articulate them to a variety of business partners and not just execute on existing ones
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber