Software Engineer - Compute Platform
About the role:
We are looking for a strong developer to build and maintain the current Compute Platform, powering all containerized business-critical workloads at Uber. These blog posts help explain some of what we do: Link1, Link2.
About the Team:
The Compute team orchestrates and manages a variety of workloads, both real-time and batch, at a large scale, across many clusters spanning multiple geographies, both on-prem and public clouds. We build large scale cluster management solutions to allow the Compute Fleet to operate at 99.9% reliability and maximum efficiency. We provide a seamless platform so Uber developers can focus on solving business problems.We are at the cutting edge of technology and the team regularly presents at industry conferences. At this point, we are in the process of building the next-generation Compute platform on Kubernetes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field OR 1-year full-time Software Engineering work experience, WHICH INCLUDES 1-year total technical software engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Programming language (e.g. C, C++, Java, Python, or Go)
- Note the 1-year total of specialized software engineering experience may have been gained through education and full-time work experience, additional training, coursework, research, or similar (OR some combination of these). The year of specialized experience is not necessarily in addition to the years of Education & full-time work experience indicated.
- Knowledge or Experience with inner workings of Linux, containers (Docker, contrainerd). cluster management technologies (e.g. Mesos, Kubernetes), or virtual machines
- Experience with Go, C/C++
- Experience with backend infrastructure
- Experience with Cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure)
- Experience with operating at scale
- Experience with distributed systems
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber