Product Designer II, Uber Eats
About the Role
In this role, you'll be the designer for a set of channels (ways of ordering and fulfilling an order) on Uber Eats. You'll work on experiences for consumers, merchants, delivery people, and Uber support staff. You'll apply holistic thinking across a variety of user types, designing not just user interfaces but also services.
You'll be part of the Eats Merchant Design team, which aims to make selling on the Uber Eats platform effortless and profitable for our merchant partners. The Merchant Design team create tools and services that empower restaurants, grocery stores, and other merchants to take their businesses online.
While the Merchant Design team is primarily based in North America, you'll also be part of our cross-Uber Bangalore design studio. The Bangalore studio has worked on a variety of products across Uber, such as Uber Bus, Uber Lite, App Help & Support tools, Call2Ride, m.uber.com and much more.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Create beautiful and functional design solutions that consider all the different users of our multi-sided marketplace
- Advocate for user-centered design within our organization
- Influence the direction of Uber Eats through collaboration, user research, and storytelling
- Partner with engineers to ensure your designs are shipped at a high quality
- Work with other designers and contribute to a collaborative, supportive team culture
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- 4+ years of product design experience
- Experience grounding your design decisions in user research, metrics, and business goals
- Strong understanding and application of user-centered design methods and principles
- A portfolio showing thoughtful problem solving and high-quality visual design
- Fluency with current product design patterns and tools
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Experience building products for a variety of platforms: web and mobile
- Experience builds products for a variety of users: consumers and businesses
- Proficiency with the latest tools to build design and a strong desire to learn new ones. Figma expertise encouraged.
- Effective prototyping skills
- Fast-paced with the ability to prioritize projects concurrently
- Strong understanding and application of user-centered design methods and principles.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Ability to strongly articulate your design work and rationale to your peers and cross-functional team.
- A degree in HCI, Graphic Design, or related field is preferred.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber