Senior Strategic Operations Manager, Safety
About the Role:
Safety is a critical topic that resonates everywhere Uber operates. It's crucial for our users, our business, and our brand. Uber is therefore committed to keeping Safety a top priority globally.
We are growing our US&C Safety Operations team to drive focus on this priority. This team sets the safety strategy for the business and drives innovation to raise the bar on safety and build trust across both the Rides and Eats businesses.
The Senior Safety Strategy & Operations Manager will be responsible for developing and operationalizing strategies within the US&C Safety team with a focus on identity verification of our drivers, riders, couriers, merchants, and eaters. This will require cross-functional work with the local and central operations teams, the central safety team, product, legal, marketing, and policy, among others. The ideal candidate will excel at solving complex problems, leading multiple workstreams, and engaging with cross-functional partners to deliver on goals that impact safety outcomes.
This is a great opportunity for someone who loves a challenge and is excited about building a mission-critical function!
What you'll do:
- Build and take ownership of driver, rider, courier, merchant, and eater identity programs with a goal of ensuring Uber is the platform of choice when it comes to safety
- Improve overall safety on Uber's platform by taking a data-driven approach to issue identification, root cause analysis, and improvement rollouts
- Partner with product and cross-functional teams to identify new identity risks and launch new identity and fraud mitigation products and processes
- Help define a risk methodology for assessing merchant integrity
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced problem solving and analytical capabilities, including Excel and data analysis skills
- Project and/or program management experience
- Ability to work with and effectively communicate with a large number of cross-functional stakeholders across different levels and parts of the organization
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to take initiative in a fast-moving environment
- Previous experience working strategy, operations, consulting, safety & trust, identity operations and/or risk management
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders in a constantly evolving, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences. Ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight key take-aways, and disseminate meaningful insights
- Demonstrated ability to develop business strategies and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient in using SQL
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber