Strategic Partnerships Lead, Uber Direct
About the Role
As a Strategic Partnerships Lead, you will be responsible for pursuing retail partnerships for our delivery API solution. Uber Direct allows brands to offer same day delivery to their customers on their websites or apps using Uber's fleet. You will be responsible for partnering with the Sales Ops, Legal and Product teams to build relationships with enterprise partners in the grocery, alcohol, convenience and pharmacy space. We are looking for someone with experience selling and negotiating enterprise contracts for technical products.
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Lead end to end sales motion for Enterprise Direct prospects including qualification, education, pricing/quoting, contract negotiation to close deals
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams on each account to collaboratively position and sell Direct to brands in New Verticals
- Build strategic relationships to gain positioning with decision makers while driving growth of new Direct business
- Think strategically about how Direct could uniquely fit into each brand's delivery offering and within the larger Uber relationship
- Share merchant insights with business & product teams to drive continuous improvements in the Direct offering
- Help identify and build best practices for our sales team and Uber Eats
- Provide opportunity status by regularly updating SFDC, doing forecasts and participating in quarterly business reviews
---- What the Candidate Will Need----
- Experience with delivery or logistics at a high-growth tech company
- Experience working cross collaboratively with different business teams and partnering on deals to get them across the finish line
- Experience leading negotiations at executive level
- Ability to assess business opportunities and read prospective buyers
- Excellent listening, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent negotiation, forecasting, and problem solving skills
- Collaborative leadership. You can't help but dig in tactically, flexing your analytical skills where needed, and are equally as comfortable leading a conversation with Product Manager, or C-level executive to secure buy-in
- Coachability, interest in implementing feedback, and dedication to the improvement of your craft and our team's development
- Speed, resourcefulness, and a go-getter mentality. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and navigating ambiguity
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- Minimum of 4 years of full-time experience in end-to-end Enterprise sales and/or partnerships
- Experience selling into or partnering with large, complex enterprise brands and organizations
- Experience working cross functionally
- Business proficiency in Japanese and English
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber