Manager, Regulatory Public Policy
About the Role
On the Public Policy team, we engage policy makers and stakeholders around the globe to shape the future of regulation, and demonstrate how Uber benefits the cities in which we operate, with both our mobility and delivery businesses. The Central Policy team at Uber Headquarters in San Francisco establishes our core policy positions and works with teams around the world to execute campaigns on the issues that matter to the business.
We are looking for a passionate public policy professional to lead regulatory and tax policy efforts, in collaboration with cross functional teams and local policy teams around the world!
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with global policy teams around the world working to shape the future of regulations for Uber's mobility and delivery businesses by providing policy advice across an array of policy issues: licensing, pricing, regulatory compliance, tax and others.
- Build and lead Uber's tax policy strategy, working closely with our internal tax team and international tax organizations.
- Build and maintain a bird's eye view and repository of regulations for Uber's businesses around the world.
- Collaborate closely with various stakeholders across the organization including legal, tax, compliance, operations and business development.
- Be the central source of truth on regulatory trends, evolutions and Uber's narratives surrounding them
- Manage external relationships with third party organizations and think tanks
- 5+ years of experience working in or around government, developing and analyzing policy, managing public affairs, and/or designing and leading tax policy; experience in the technology sector and/or a marketplace business is strongly preferred.
- A legal or tax background is a plus.
- Advanced degrees (e.g., JD, MPP, MBA) preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent ability to distill complex tax and regulatory frameworks into digestible resources for a wide array of partners, internally and externally.
- Familiarity with international regulations, regulatory systems, standards and frameworks around the world.
- Knowledge of international tax schemes, especially within the technology industry.
- Outstanding ability to scope, design, prioritize, and execute cross-functional projects. Experience leading cross-functional projects and building positive relationships with internal teams
- Exceptional ability to engage in substantive debate on challenging issues with diverse stakeholders and build trusting and long-lasting relationships externally.
- Resourcefulness and calmness under pressure.
- A bias towards action.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber