Sr Risk Strategy Analyst 1
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use every day. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing the local economy and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world. We ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion!
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the role
We are looking for skilled & motivated professionals who will support and own multiple global projects that drive business growth while balancing compliance risk and partner friction. The role will cover areas such as (not limited to) Sanctions screening; Partner and user compliance; Customer due diligence; Transaction monitoring; Metrics development and monitoring; and Model and Strategy development - to help balance partner friction and compliance risk.
Does this sound exciting to you? Are you a tested teammate, strategic problem solver, and executor? We want to hear from you.
What you'll do
- Develop and manage user risk ratings models that meet applicable regulatory requirements and are aligned with standard methodologies and practices.
- Interpret large amounts of complex data to formulate problem statements, concise conclusions regarding underlying risk dynamics, trends, and opportunities
- Identify key risk indicators and metrics while developing and monitoring key parameters, enhance reporting, and identify new areas of analytic focus to better understand operational risk.
- Own compliance specific area - end to end - ranging from the discovery of the business problem to eventually working with the Engineering/Product teams to execute it
- Strategy design and analysis of domain-specific use-cases such as Reduction of cost of compliance; Improve monitoring mechanism to alert any anomaly in compliance or business metric; Improve funnel for Partner onboarding, thereby improving user experience; and Drive multiple experiments to evaluate and quantify the hypothesis
- Extensive data analytics and SQL query writing
- Predictive modeling / Machine learning algorithms - using random Forest / Decision tree / Logistic regression
- 10+ years of experience (Bachelor) OR 9+ years of experience (Masters) in a data-focused role such as product analytics, business analytics, business operations, or data science
- Education in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics or equivalent experience
- More than 6 years experience in modern programming languages (Matlab, Python) or statistical languages (SQL, SAS, R)
- Past experience in Payments or Compliance with a Product / Tech company serving millions of customers on multiple platforms and countries
- BA/BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Business or analytical field
- SQL mastery. Write efficient and complex code in SQL
- Experience in Python/R and in experimentation, A/B testing, and statistical modeling
- Define business metrics, including Key Performance Indicators, for financial products, in close partnership with Product Management and other leaders
- Proven ability to handle large dataset, explore and utilize raw data feeds
- Excellent data visualization skills
- Love of data - you just go get the data you need and turn it into an insightful story. You know how to convert data into decisions without getting stuck in paralysis by analysis
- Well-organised, structured approach to problem solving
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability and entrepreneurial spirit
- Able to lead change and solution oriented
- Great communicator, problem solver & confident in decision making
- Independent & autonomous, while still a strong teammate
- Enthusiastic, self-starting and thrives in changing, agile environments
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber