Sr Software Engineer
About the Role
At Uber you will have a direct impact on the customer experience for riders, drivers, eaters, restaurant and business owners and cities alike.
The Marketplace Matching team builds large-scale backend systems for serving and optimizing dispatch decisions. As a Software Engineer on the Matching team you will work with other Engineers, Data Scientists, and Program Managers to deliver features that improve our customer's experiences and drive business growth.
What the Candidate Will Do
- As a Software Engineer on the Matching team you will design, code, test, and launch new features.
- You will build and deliver these cutting edge features through complex experiments, collaborating with Data Science, Design, and Product teams, that help simplify the lives of our diverse customer base and improve marketplace metrics.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in systems software engineering. Sound understanding of computer architecture and CS fundamentals.
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages: Java, Go, Python, C/C++.
- A willingness and curiosity to learn both the systems and domain in which you will be solving problem statements
- Experience working on large-scale distributed systems
- Grit, drive and a strong feeling of ownership coupled with collaboration.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber