Claims Team Lead, Weekend Shift
About the Role
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced claims professional to gain diversity in his/her career across the US & Canada and to lead a team in Phoenix, AZ. You will report to our Claims Manager, US & Canada in Phoenix. If you're ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the skills, experience, drive, and a strong team mentality - Uber on and get in touch!
What the Candidate Will Do
- Oversee a team of 6-8 Claim Associates and Advocates as part of Uber's US & Canada Claims operation. This role will be based in Phoenix and provide day to day direction, leadership, and management of claim functions with a focus on operational excellence, quality claim management, and customer service (obsession)
- Implement strategic visions; Align team to organizational goals and key initiatives.
- Hold team accountable for their performance and development including, but not limited to, effective performance management, escalation of performance issues, and appropriate collaboration with Human Resources
- Drive team development; Anticipate business needs by identifying key opportunity areas
- Work cross-functionally with various business groups to drive key measures as they relate to insurance claims
- Maintain a high-quality recruiting and on-boarding program for new associates and advocates
- Support business growth by leading various initiatives and projects
- 5 years of professional experience
- 3 years of experience with Insurance Claims
- 3 years of motor vehicle liability and personal accident claims handling experience with a strong preference for candidates with experience in complex coverage, liability and/or represented claims
- 1 year+ leadership experience as a formal leader within a claims organization
- Proficient computer skills required to navigate a paperless environment
- Technical claim knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Easy adaptation to changing situations, requirements or priorities
- Bachelor's Degree
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets experience
- 7 years of professional experience
- 3 years of formal leadership experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada