GBS Operations Lead
About the Role
Uber seeks a GBS Operations Lead to join the CAO Org. This position will be located in Bangalore/Hyderabad, India and will lead development of the GBS Program spanning strategy, growth and operations leading implementation of robust F&A policies, processes and tools. The position will play a key leadership role in the Finance organization by helping to drive process improvement and scaling our operations. She or he will manage directly the relationship with the supplier(s), create and maintain objective SLA, perform review and drive process improvement initiatives. The position requires strong business partnerships and close coordination with Group and Regional finance teams to ensure objectives are being met and service levels are being achieved. This position would report to The Global Head of GBS located in San Francisco.
What You'll Do
- Lead the Global Business Services operations and its team
- Provide leadership, direction and ensure Global alignment of the GBS teams to ensure service delivery commitments are met
- Identify, plan for and develop strategies, services and activities to support current and future internal customer needs in an efficient, high quality, cost effective manner
- Partner with other Finance process leaders and their respective teams to design, transition as well as maintain the already transitioned processes in the GBS centers. Act as a point of escalation for Global Finance Process Owners and ensure timely remediation of issues
- Maintain a strong focus on execution and deliver short term results and successes while moving towards the long term vision
- Effectively manage the BPO, set performance/productivity targets (SLA) and ensure these are executed and communicated to business partners
- Work cross functionally with all business partners to understand policies, processes and controls,
- Identify and implement improvements across the processes in the GBS
- Implement and report (weekly, monthly, quarterly) on key metrics to monitor, manage and improve quality and efficiency
- Incorporate the Finance shared service short / long term technology strategy and plan across the Finance teams by evaluating and recommending new technologies to improve efficiency, cost effectiveness, customer service and/or the quality of the work environment
- Instill and foster a change management and continuous improvement mindset
- Identifies best practices in market for new implementations
- Develops and mentors staff through open communication, training and development opportunities. Keeps employee motivation ensuring that the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies.
- M.A., B.A. or B.S in Finance or Accounting, CPA or MBA preferred
- Proven ability to influence finance and non-finance teams
- 10+ years of leadership experience, managing finance, accounting and operational processes
- Solid experience working in or as strong (finance) business partnering environment, building out teams and demonstrated customer obsession and work ethic based on strong desire to exceed expectations
- Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills; including written and oral communication
- Advanced presentation skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership
What You'll Need:
- Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment and ability to empower teams around you
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Experience with complex decision making and problem solving using Lean / Six Sigma techniques
- Ability to inspire others through setting strategic vision and direction within the CAO Org as well as with the Business and Finance teams we support
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber