Manager, Public Policy
About the Role
We are looking for someone to manage our Public Policy efforts in Japan, reporting directly to our Director of Public Policy in Japan.
At Uber, working with external partners is business critical and has a real impact in our markets. Policy at Uber is for people who are keen to have skin in the game on business decisions and are passionate about being an advocate for change.
Our Public Policy team is responsible for working with policymakers and third parties to make the positive case for change. That's partly about cultivating positive relationships in Japan to help unlock the full potential of our technology. It is also about determining the best local regulatory framework and developing campaigns to achieve positive reform.
What You Will Do
You will work with our team members on various key issues which our critical to our main businesses (Mobility/Taxi and Uber Eats), including:
- Improving the road safety of our delivery partners
- Unlocking the strict regulation of the taxi industry
- Road compliance for our delivery partners
- Food safety regulations
- Advocating the real voices of our Earners (delivery partners and drivers)
- Providing better working environment to our Earners
- Increasing overall political influence and engagement
What You Will Need
- Motivation and ambition
- Well motivated to promote initiatives by him/herself to achieve their own ambitious goals
- Strategic Thinking ability
- Fluent Japanese/English speaking
- Structured problem solving
- Business oriented mindset while furthering public interest
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber