Analyst II - Payments
About the Role
Uber's Global Payments team is responsible for driving the strategy and operational execution of ensuring seamless payment to our global earners (drivers, restaurants, etc.) as part of Uber's on-demand commerce platform. This function is critical to operationally enabling new markets (geographies and products) and growing the Earner ecosystem and experience through enhanced payment solutions. In this high impact role, the Payments Analyst will be responsible for executing daily payment operations and building infrastructure to streamline operations and launch new payment tools to earners in Uber's largest region, the Americas.
What You'll Do
- Ensure seamless execution of payments for participants (driver-partners, couriers, restaurants, financiers, etc.) in multiple countries on a daily/weekly cadence
- Become a payments expert - navigate exceptions expeditiously and establish a best-in-class communication strategy to assist regional operations grow their business
- Assist in launching payments for new products, markets, and payment methods
- Effectively manage escalations, cross-functional collaboration, and drive process improvement changes across internal and external stakeholders (e.g., product managers, banks, payment vendors, risk, etc.)
- Coordinate with regional and central teams on cash management/banking needs to support regional operations
- Execute playbook around payment risk management
- Develop analysis and initiatives focused on quality, efficiency, growth, and risk
- Optimize, maintain, and act on changes in disbursement success rate metrics in the Americas region
- Identify and drive cost-saving initiatives via technical file transmission routing changes
- Dive deep into data to identify root cause failures for failed payouts to improve the overall earner experience on the Uber platform
- Bachelors in Economics, Finance or Business, preferred
- At least 2 years of payments, finance/business operations experience in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Effective cross-functional work experience
- Strong, clear communication skills at all levels
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical problem-solving abilities
- Strong desire to build and hustle
- Strong analytical skills (experience with SQL, Excel, and data modeling are a big plus)
- Financial and banking systems knowledge preferred
- Working knowledge of Python or another scripting language is a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber