Business Analyst - Uber Freight (Load Visibility)
About the Role:
As a Business Analyst on the team, this person will drive continuous improvement to Uber Freight's tracking and visibility system. They'll do this by using your analytical skills to break down the most complex challenges and opportunities we face across the different dimensions of tracking a load. From developing automated tracking solutions to informing the focus areas of our operations teams, this person will build deep technical and functional expertise that will help problem-solve at a high level. This person will identify issues and opportunities by analyzing data and providing recommended solutions, then you'll bring those solutions to life.
This person will utilize technical expertise to develop scripts that automate tasks and trigger communications to both Carriers and Shippers. Combined subject matter expertise and technical skills will allow this person to consider creative solutions and help bridge gaps. These solutions will help advise a longer-term productized state.
This position will work closely with everyone from our front-line operations teams to our tech teams to our senior leadership to optimize and improve the systems and processes that power on-trip load visibility at Uber Freight.
What You Will Do:
- Analytics and Automation - create and execute various analytics projects to inform team strategy and internal stakeholders; including the development of reports, dashboards, and scripts/automation using Google Suite, SQL, Tableau, and Python
- Project Management - Identify, plan, and execute projects and root cause analyses to improve our existing processes for Ops teams
- Analytics - create and execute various analytical projects to inform team strategy and internal stakeholders; including the development of reports, dashboards, and scripts/automation using Google Suite, SQL, Tableau, R, or Python
- Operations Management - collaborate with the broader Tracking team, Carriers Sales, and Account Management to identify process inefficiencies, build solutions, and drive operational efficiency (e.g. centralize repeatable processes, optimize outreach to carriers, enable automation, create weekly performance reporting)
- Stakeholder Management - organize and structure work across a variety of cross-functional teams to deliver on shared goals and priorities
- Product Improvement - work with product operations and product teams to develop business cases and insights from operations teams (tracking, account management, carrier sales, and support)
- Experience in an analytics-focused role (1+ yrs)
- Experience problem solving and proposing unique solutions while providing outstanding customer support
- Experience developing and executing project proposals (end-to-end)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Outstanding work ethic and time management skills
- Data-driven approach to making decisions and measuring performance
- Commitment to continuously improving (self and business)
- Proficiency in Google/Microsoft productivity tools
- Proficiency in SQL - experience writing and validating complex SQL queries
- Domain-specific knowledge in the logistics (or related) industry, including customer service or tracking
- Technical proficiency in Tableau
- Knowledge of Python, R, or similar programming languages
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber