Marketplace Analytics Operations Manager, Marketplace Central Ops LatAm
About the Role
Uber is looking for a sharp, results-oriented, analytical operations specialist to join our Marketplace Management team under LatAm Central Operations. If you love experimentation, scaling processes from one to many, handling sophisticated projects and multiple cross-functional partners, and investigating into the details to find opportunities to increase efficiency, then this role is for you. The ideal candidate will excel at making sense of complicated datasets, design and run experiments, and roll out new product features so as to deliver on key business goals that ensure our marketplace efficiency and unlock growth. You will work closely with outstanding Engineering teams, Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Global Operations, to build a state of the art product that impacts Uber's business and customers every step of the way.
What you'll do
- Efficiency. Look beyond the obvious metrics and identify how we can optimize rider and driver experience on the platform.
- Analytics. Heavy analysis of our marketplace, rider, and partner behavior to identify and tackle marketplace challenges.
- Support strategic decision making processes through data crunching, assessments and recommendations.
- Strategy. Decide which projects and areas of the efficiency puzzle the team should focus on and set a bold timeline to reach those goals.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of programs and work with management to execute those strategies as efficiently as possible.
- Product Improvement. Proactively search for new potential analysis that could help us finding insights to improve the efficiency of our products and regions
- Stakeholder management. Be a global thought leader and sparring partner for product teams, other mega-regions, and regional partners.
- Centralization and automation. Define core analysis and processes and scale them across LatAm and beyond
What you'll need
- 5 or more years of Strategy, Consulting, Engineering, Banking, Process Improvement, Business Intelligence, Math or similar background in a large business or growing a startup is encouraged, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Strong track record of being a respected operational problem solver
- Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Proven experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
- Very strong communication and organization skills
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Basic understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments)
- Fluent SQL expertise
- Creative mentality that understands and enjoys experimental design (Bonus points for experience with statistics)
- Expertise with Python is a plus
- Experience with machine learning techniques, modelling and sophisticated analytics (e.g. regression, classification, etc)
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber